20400 Ivybridge Ct.,Montgomery Village, MD, 20886
Successfully managed all aspects of construction for over 150 new stores and remodels.
Developed contractor and vendor roundtable to review and streamline bid-process.
Created new store procedures, punch lists, and GC build-out manual to standardize procedures and increase efficiency.
Reduced costs from change orders by identifying potential problem areas before they occurred.
Instituted 30% cost reduction program for redistribution and liquidation of used fixtures.
Contractor & vendor selection
Design & blueprint review
Timelines and critical path scheduling
Permit & building code compliance
Landlord and GC build-outs
Fixture & merchandise setup
Lease review & conformity
Personal Project Manager | Self-Employed 2009 - Present
Let me Manage your Priorities Bringing skills from over 10 years as a Project Manager to households.
- Works with individuals to prioritize and manage household tasks.
- Oversees remodeling projects including hiring contractors, assists with downsizing - and more.
- Provides residential construction expertise.
Construction Project Manager | Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Hampstead, MD. 2005 - 2008
Directed over 90 new store and remodel construction projects on-time and within budget.
Managed projects with multiple timelines from inception to C of O.
Worked closely with corporate stakeholders, including real estate, IT, security, store design, facilities.
Coordinated PMs, architects, contractors, landlords, local and state inspection officers, and vendors.
Responsible for bid reviews, construction negotiations and change orders.
Developed and tracked project budgets, schedules and site visits.
Reviewed site and building plans.
Developed and verified punch-lists for each project.
Worked with merchandisers and store setup teams to ensure that all aspects of projects were successfully completed by grand opening.
Manager of Construction | Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Hudson, OH. 2003 2004
- Directed operations and construction for 900+ store company.
- Estimated scope of work and total cost prior to project.
- Participated in the contractor and bid-review process through interviews and meetings.
- Developed project schedules.
- Created and verified punch-lists.
- Oversaw the assembly and approval of change orders and lease attachments for buildings and signage.
- Maintained architectural integrity of projects.
- Managed national account vendors and agreements.
Construction Supervisor/ Visual Merchandising Mgr. / Store Mgr. | Boat/US, Alexandria, VA. 1992 2003
- Promoted three times in eleven years from store management to corporate.
- Successfully supervised 50 store openings, remodels and relocations.
- Completed each project within or under budget and schedule.
- Responsible for construction schedule, material delivery, inspection issues, critical issues and costs.
- Reviewed and checked plans and specs with contractors to ensure compliance with design criteria.
- Developed and verified punch-lists.
- On-site manager for installation of fixtures, signage, computers, telephones, and security systems.
- Continually assessed project process to improve efficiency.
- Produced corporate training materials for store set-up, including user manuals and timeline guide.
- Hired, trained and supervised up to 40 employees and temps in all aspects of store management, merchandising, and construction.
B.A. studies, Cabrillo College, Santa Cruz, CA.
Technical competency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint
Familiarity with AutoCAD
Proficient in Spanish