20 years of working experience within the precast
|Industry Type :
|City & State :
|Relocation Preferences :
I am familiar with the procedures, methods and documentation associated with sales and estimating as well as the interpersonal skills of dealing with both internal and external customers. I am a loyal, a quick study, organized and confident - I am eager to get back to work and I am currently exploring job opportunities...
An assertive and self-assured individual seasoned with 20 years of working experience within the precast concrete industry working most recently as an estimator supporting a five man sales staff covering a five state territory. Successfully managing several projects/bids a week equating to millions of dollars of profitable sold projects for company throughout the year.
- Acquainted with construction methods, building systems, construction and contract documents, cost estimating, computer aided drafting and scheduling.
- Awareness of procedures and methods associated with project level management.
- Proficient with computers Microsoft Office Suite and ERP software systems.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics, and/or other related construction documents.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skillfully focused on details, while analyzing and managing larger obstacles.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and working within critical deadlines.
- Great problem solving attitude with high degree of work precision.
- Ability to initiate and sustain effective working relationships with clients and within a team environment.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Windows operating system - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- AutoCAD, Tekla Structures - Building Information Modeling software (3D structural modeling)
- Baan, IFS - ERP (Enterprise Resourcing Planning) software systems
Estimator - (2006 to December 2009)
Tindall Corporation - SC Prestress Division, Spartanburg, South Carolina
- Analyzed construction documents, bid specifications and other bid documentation to identify project scope.
- Prepared take-off from conceptual stage through completion, quantifying project elements for pricing.
- Solicited vendors/sub contractors to negotiate the best value for project scope.
- Strategized with various department managers to obtain cost for unique project elements.
- Prepared bids/proposals, outlining job baseline, duration and special equipment while maintaining deadlines.
- Managed transition of awarded projects to operations manager, including meeting facilitation, documentation, scheduling and job costs.
- Collaborated with other estimators within organization to help maintain and improve estimating databases.
- Provided training and mentoring for new employees within a technical team environment.
- Utilized technology to manage project data, analyze estimates and job costing.
- Executed and maintained management processes and disciplines in the areas of cost management.
- Maintained AutoCAD software skills in addition to Tekla Structures - 3D modeling software training - 2009.
Project Drafter/CAD Technician - (2001 to 2006)
- Excelled in project managing and drawing utilizing ACAD design software hundreds of industrial and commercial facility projects including office, retail, educational, manufacturing, warehouse, dormitories, hotels, healthcare, correctional facilities and parking structures.
- Checked shop drawings and erection drawings promptly upon receipt of complete information and at a speed consistent with thoroughness and accuracy.
- Computed material quantities for entire projects in addition to providing needed engineered drawings for specific hardware.
- Established a sincere rapport, preserved positive interaction and optimistic working relationships with personnel at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Navigated simultaneous projects and dependably met targets effectively.
- Assisted in the development and implementation of project standardization and procedures.
- Provided team building - tutoring and mentoring for new employees within a technical team environment.
- Skilled in AutoCAD design software.
Project Drafter/CAD Technician - (1993 to 2001)
Dura-Stress, Inc., Leesburg, Florida
- Illustrated excellence in project managing, drawing and checking a multitude of various types of architecturally clad and prestressed projects including office, retail, educational, manufacturing, warehouse, dormitories, hotels, healthcare, correctional facilities.
- Assisted the purchasing department in procuring appropriate materials and engineered drawings needed for fabrication.
- Computed material quantities in addition to providing needed engineered drawings for specific hardware.
- Built credibility, maintained communication and positive working relationships with personnel at several levels, including those outside of the company.
- Proficient in handling simultaneous projects and meeting deadlines successfully.
- Collaborated with management for the establishment, development and implementation of project standardization, practices and procedures.
- Contributed to the training and mentoring of new employees.
- Supervised office operations and coordinated work schedules in the absence of department manager.
- AutoCAD design software.
Drafter/CAD Technician - (1992 to 1993)
LEAP Associates International Inc., Tampa, Florida
- Detailed erection and shop drawings on various architectural and structural projects utilizing AutoCAD.
Drafter - (1989 to 1992)
Florida Engineered Construction Products - Cast-Crete Division, Tampa, Florida
- Detailed erection and shop drawings on various architectural projects. Draw and plan detail drawings on assigned projects.
Drafter - (1988 to 1989)
Florida Architectural Concrete, Tampa, Florida
- Hand drew and planned piece detail drawings on assigned architectural projects.
Tampa Technical Institute
Associates Degree - Drafting, Design and CAD Technology, 1988