Home: 661-945-9782 Message: 661-945-3479 P.O. Box 1912, Lancaster, CA 93539
Actively seeking a position as a
Construction Project Manager
with an organization in need of a professional with demonstrated success in directing, coordinating, and exercising functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of projects with Project Management Accountability.
Quality-focused Construction and Construction Management Professional with over 30 years of Construction and Contracting experience and 14 years of Construction Management experience. Recognized for professionalism, positive attitude, commitment to excellence and demonstrated ability to ensure public safety and security. Areas of Expertise include, but not limited to:
Time, Cost and Quality Management Vendor and Material Management
Construction Building and Planning Estimating and Project Costing
Team Building and Leadership Safety and Compliance Management
Organizational Management Accessibility Surveys
Professional Driver Swift Transportation Phoenix, AZ 2011
Couple and uncouple trailers from tractors, inspect equipment per Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements, and submit written report on condition of equipment. Transport freight from origin to destination. Protect freight from mechanical and environmental damage. Inspect equipment and perform basic maintenance tasks. Meet DOT requirements to operate equipment with valid Class A Commercial Drivers License.
Construction Manager HNTB, Inc. Los Angeles, CA 2007 - 2009
- Owners Authorized Representative (JOC Certified) for the Los Angeles Unified School District, managing formal and Job Order Contracts from 500K 2.5M. Perform accessibility surveys; write detailed scopes of work, review proposals, construction schedules, project submittals and schedule of values for accuracy and compliance. Project coordination, Set-up and conduct job-start meetings and record the progress of projects. Review and process vendor invoices and pay apps. Initiate close-out procedures for the end-user and stake holders on, DSA and JOC projects including 65 Caf LA Schools with Project Management Accountability.
Managing the modernization of a fast track accelerated program at 65 schools by coordinating field and office personnel.
Senior Construction Manager VSCE, Inc. Oakland, CA 2007
- Managed a $30 million dollar, five story, 240,000 square ft. auto dealership in Thousand Oaks, CA. Pour design consultant oversight led to coordinating the structural re-design. Due to extreme ground water problems, conventional retaining walls and slab-on-grade for the two basement levels were changed to a Post tension Mat Slab design. Manage key staff members.
Provided the Prime contractor with owners representative documentation to expedite time sensitive concrete pours at the lower mat slab; a minimum of 1,800 and 2,250 Cubic Yards.
Professional Experience Continued
Vice President of Operations and Development Fitzpatrick Enterprises Burbank, CA
2004 - 2007
- Performed contract administration and assisting Project Manager in bid analysis award and general oversight to existing projects ensuring goals are met and the client is satisfied. Values ranged from 2.5 to 5 million. Manage project development from pre-construction to close out with Project Management Accountability.
Managed the land acquisition division, and developed new business opportunities for future sales.
Senior Construction Manager 3D/International Los Angeles, CA 2002 - 2003
- Managed design and construction activities through development phase; review construction documents for compliance through post design constructability. LAUSD values from $500K-$2.5M, Safety and Technology package valued at 7.1M. Managed and directed staff and team members.
Key Accomplishment: After having been a team member for 3 months as an Assistant Construction Manager, was promoted to a Senior Construction Manager.
Construction Manager Vanir Construction Management Sacramento, CA 2000 2002
- Managed 7M renovation, modernization and Utility infrastructure upgrade at Duarte High School; managed construction and structural retrofit at Valley View and Royal Oaks Elementary Schools utilizing the multi-prime delivery system valued at 1.2M. Managed contract negotiations, project estimates, contract document preparation and purchasing of materials for Duarte Unified School District.
Early completion of projects, and under the School Districts budget with Project Management Accountability.
Education, Training & Certifications
2007 California Building Code Title 24: Part 1 & 2
Antelope Valley College Lancaster, CA
Progen Training OAR/JOC Training/Certified 10 Hr. OSHA Training Ethics Training Expedition Training Prolog Training Microsoft Office Suite Training
Department of Homeland Security / TSA & FBI background
Department of Justice - background