219 Golf Ave., Ellwood City, PA 16117 (724) 624-1465__
15+ years experience as a Facilities Manager, Senior Director, Operations Manager, Program Director, Instructional Guide and Camp Facilitator.
Management experiences encompasses all business operation phases including construction oversight, operations oversight, strategic planning, budgeting/forecasting, sales/marketing, partnership development and member services.
Consistent track record of meeting revenue, profit and camping retention forecasts.
Proven ability to successfully manage corporate expansion programs including facility/building design and installation, preventative maintenance schedules, operational excellence and seamless customer service to members and visitors.
Experienced facility Manager overseeing multiple million dollars + construction projects over an expansive career working mostly with a highly motivated volunteer workforce.
Consistent track record of maintaining a safe and efficient operation with minimal injuries or interruptions to operations over a 15+ year career.
Consistent record of expanding services to members and adding programs specifically for the physically challenged population drawing camp participants from all over the world.
Consistently expanded cabins and dorms allowing the Camp to increase revenue and serve more campers.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Facilities Management Operations Management Program Development Budget ComplianceStrategic Planning Funding Acquisition
Expansion ProgramsIntern RecruitmentStaff Supervision
PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY:
Program Director4/91 4/96
Director of Operations 4/96 1/09
YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh
Helped design, plan and construct a 27,000 sq ft dining hall.
- This was a $4.5 million project. Spent $1.3 million dollars to construct this project. Project had over 9,000 man hours total. Helped to secure millions in donated time and material.
Worked with architect and board members to develop the plan.
- Worked with many user groups to make sure the new dining hall would meet their needs.
- Met with project manager daily to monitor progress of new dining hall.
- Suggested adding a lower level to the new dining hall for more storage and mechanical area. - The lower space was added and is serving the Hall well with increased revenue of 5%. This saved having to construct an additional $150,000 building.
Worked with volunteer committee to design and construct 4 mile handicapped accessible nature trail. The cost of this project was estimated at $1.5 million.
- Used volunteers and donated materials to come in 75% under budget.
- Increased user groups by 25%
Increased camp capacity from 232 beds to 392 beds of total winterized space. Spent over $2.5 million in improvements over 8-year period.
Helped design and construct a $100,000 high ropes course.
- Resulted In significant increase in participation of the physically challenged.
Designed and constructed two new 3,000sq ft dormitories
- Saved 75% of cost by using volunteer help.
- Increased capacity of Camp Spencer by 200%.
- Able to keep costs under budget by 30%.
Helped design and build 400-foot long bridge over a 165-foot creek to connect the two camps.
- Saved driving a 10 mile round trip from camp to camp. Realized a savings to camp of over
400 man-hours and 500 gallons of gasoline annually.
- The bridge also increased camps overall revenue by 30%.
- This was due to combining two camps into one larger facility.
- Worked with local township supervisors to help improve the roads leading to camp.
Remodeled 100 year old barn into dining hall and indoor climbing wall.
- The use of volunteer groups helped reduce the project cost by 75%.
- The climbing wall increased revenue by $20,000 the first year of use.
- The kitchen enabled camp to host and feed groups.
Remodeled open dormitory into multiple bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Increased the use of the building by 300%.
Helped design and construct new office/medical center.
- This enabled camp to safely serve more challenged camper and camping groups.
- Increased number of campers by 10% per year and saved 100 man-hours per summer.
Developed a preventative maintenance schedule that saved 25% of contractor repairs.
Purchased mowing equipment that saved 1500 man hours per year.
Transformed old dining hall into green nature center.
Instrumental in making the camp more energy efficient.
Ran two outdoor swimming pools for 17 years.
East Ohio Machinery 1985 - 1987
Contracted to General Motors to help work on wiring harnesses for several models of GM cars.
Self Employed 1987 to 1991
General construction including remodeling bathrooms, porches and patios.
Painted houses indoors and outdoors.
Grew customer base by 25% each year.
Attended DeVry Institute of Technology 1981 to 1983
Studied Electrical Engineering Technology
Pittsburgh Technical Institute 1984 to 1985
Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting and Design. Emphasis in mechanical discipline
Was a member of the American Camp Association Keystone Board. This board serves all of PA.
Sat of the YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh Safety Committee
Certified in high ropes
Certified in low ropes
Had certifications to train lifeguards
Had certifications to train people in CPR/First Aid
Had pesticide applicators license
References Available Upon Request