KWADWO A. IDUN
6 Fordham Hill Oval Apt. #15B
Bronx, NY 10468
Tel: Home: (718) 220-4847: Cell: (718) 938-2855Email: assidun[at]yahoo.com
An estimator with 15 years experience in preconstruction cost estimating, cost controlling, monitoring and post contract administration for a variety of national and international projects including hotel, commercial, office, residential, institutional and health care facilities as well as transportation, industrial and infrastructure systems. Prepared and presented detailed and accurate cost estimates from conceptual design through to construction documents and also prepared hard bid estimate; directed and coordinated quantity take-off for architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical trades; analyzed and negotiated change orders and claims; developed and managed cost databases and benchmarking; built and maintained relationship with clients, consultants, subcontractors and vendors on a variety of projects.
BOVIS LEND LEASE, NEW YORK, NY 2006 2010
Lead Estimator - Projects valued from $5 million to $515 million
* Prepared preconstruction estimate and GMP for a 622,780 square feet 20-storey office core and shell Gotham Center valued at $189 million for Tishman Speyer and constructed 6% less of estimated figure.
* Prepared preconstruction estimate and GMP for a 46, 575 square feet Department of Surgery renovation valued at $27 million for New York Presbyterian Hospital, constructed ahead of schedule and 3% less of estimated figure.
* Prepared an estimate for WTC temporary transportation hub valued at $25 million for The Port Authority of NY/NJ.
* Analyzed drawings and specifications and performed take-offs from conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documents for architectural, structural mechanical and electrical disciplines.
* Prepared preliminary estimates and studied during preconstruction, monitored design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and addressed potential problem areas.
* Prepared hard-dollar estimates for healthcare facilities, institutional and infrastructure systems.
* Attended estimate review and reconciliation meetings with internal project team and clients' consultants.
* Participated in value engineering process to ensure projects costs are reduced, improved and maintained quality.
* Reviewed all estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to submission.
* Solicited proposals from subcontractors and vendors, agreed on scope of work and negotiated buyouts for all trades.
* Prepared and negotiated change orders and claims for variety of projects.
* Supported design development, constructability reviews and risk analysis to minimize claims and disputes.
* Conducted special studies to developed labor hourly rates and crew productivity for pricing purposes.
* Developed, updated and maintained unit rate figures for labor, plant and materials into estimating software.
* Trained junior estimators and developed detailed estimating procedures and techniques to be utilized in the development of estimates.
PANSINI STONE SETTING INC., BRONXVILLE, NY 2001 2006
Estimator/ Project Manager - Projects valued from $1.8 million to $3.5 million
* Prepared an estimate for Esplanade Rehabilitation project valued at $1.9 million for Battery Park City Authority, provided post contract administration and completed work ahead of schedule and within budget.
* Prepared quantity take-offs, established budgets, and wrote detailed proposals for all kinds of stone masonry work ranged from $20 thousand to $5 million.
* Logged and reviewed shop drawings for conformance with architectural drawings and constructability.
* Analyzed proposals from material vendors, negotiated prices, and coordinated and scheduled material deliveries.
* Prepared and managed monthly requisition for payments, monitored and negotiated change orders.
* Determined material and labor requirements for ongoing projects and maintained daily and monthly reports, monitored project schedules and prepared detailed cost report analysis.
* Conducted site inspection, met with clients, vendors and other parties involved in the project for final punch list and prepared final accounts and project close-out.
KWADWO A. IDUN Email: assidun[at] yahoo.com
DSA BUILDERS INC., NY, NY2001 2001
Estimator - Projects valued from $400 thousand to $1.3 million
* Reviewed drawings, prepared take-offs, solicited and analyzed material and subcontractors' proposals. Prepared conceptual estimates through to detailed estimates for all interior construction for luxury apartments.
* Attended site walk-throughs, met with clients to discussed estimates and resolved issues regarding pricing, scheduling and logistics.
* Interfaced with subcontractors and suppliers. Evaluated proposals relative to the scope of work for conformance to project plans and specifications. Reviewed subcontractors' shop drawings prior to submission for architects' approval.
TAYSEC CONSTRUCTION LIMITED, Accra, Ghana 1994 2000
Project Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator - Projects valued from $1.5 million to $21 million
* Assisted Project Manager in making progressive financial decisions, operated within budget, completed project ahead of schedule and increased profit margin by 15% on an $11million Accra Abattoir project and maintained high quality standards. Administered accounts of over 25 vendors and subcontractors.
* Prepared quantity take-offs and established conceptual and definitive estimates for commercial, residential and industrial buildings valued over $20 million for various clients.
* Assisted design team to obtained economical design solution through the utilization of value engineering involving cost studies, cost comparison and cost analysis.
* Measured and valued work in progress and recommended monthly progress payment to clients for payment.
* Monitored, valued and negotiated change orders to the contract in accordance with contract agreements.
* Reviewed, evaluated and analyzed subcontractors' proposals and claims, resolved payments discrepancies, avoided and minimized disputes on most projects prior to completion.
* Prepared cost-value analyses reports to avoid cost overruns on all projects and also used the reports as bases to forecast and maximized projects' profitability.
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Construction Management
Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken New Jersey 2005 2007
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Building Technology
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana1990 - 1994
LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
OSHA 30 Hours Training, Standards for the Construction Industry
* American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE)
* The Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineers (AACE)
* Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
On-Screen Take-Off, Timberline, MC2, AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Project, Sure track, Wessex Estimating Software, Acrobat, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, QuickBooks Pro, Internet Research.