RESIDENTIAL/RETAIL/CONTRACT INTERIORS: DESIGN PROJECT MANAGEMENT/COORDINATION
Highly accomplished Develop Representative, GC Project Manager/Coordinator, and Designer with 15 years experience designing and managing diverse projects: from residential (including developer design/builds) to hospitality, retail, contract, facilities and healthcare interiors. Additional 15 years prior experience in project administration/management for the World Bank and U.S. Government. Comprehensive knowledge of furnishings, materials, construction methodology, lighting build-outs and building codes/permitting. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Adept at harmonizing Developer and GC goals within schedules and budgets, and building/managing relations between owner/developer and regulatory/community groups. Extensive Marketing/Communications experience. Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe workflow and Web Design. Fluent in French; functional in Spanish. Active U.S. Government Security Clearance.
- Applied innovative multidisciplinary (Business/Marketing/Design/ Architecture/ Financial/Management) approach to supporting the full life cycle of significant multi-use land development projects in Washington, DC, including city permit applications through lender close-out review (Project Cost: +$100 MM).
- Interior designer/architect for an award-winning, 18,000 SF private residence. Controlled and supervised subcontractor team of 60 (Project Cost: $15 MM).
- Developed design programs to align interiors of pediatric- and cancer-treatment Healing Centers with the facilities stated wellness and value-added objectives.
- Manage commercial and residential projects as Owners Real Estate Representative and GCs Asst. Project Manager.
- Evaluate project documents for discrepancies and value engineering ideas; assess scope of work, schedule required resources and determine project objectives, schedules, procedures and quality standards.
- Develop cost estimates and proposals and provide support to management in proposal and estimate preparation; budget projects / change orders. Oversee contracts and manages cost controls to stay within budget.
- Supervise, monitor and control work and progress of subcontractors and trade; monitor and control project safety, quality, budgets, direct costs and schedules.
- Interface with architects and engineers. Manage project organization with support staff, design consultants, daily reports and support regarding plans, permits, budget, scheduling of trade resources, etc.
CONTRACT & FACILITIES
2006-2010COHEN COS/ADC BUILDERSReal Estate Developer / General Contractor500,000 SF $100M
2002-03HANN & HANN BUILDERSInvestment Firm, Penthouse Suite, Tysons Corner, VA 5,000 SF $1M
2001MICHELLE PILON INTERIORS Interiors CD Consultant, Law Firms 15,000 SF
2001MICHELLE PILON INTERIORS Interiors CD Consultant, Association HQ Haworth 60,000 SF
2001MICHELLE PILON INTERIORSInteriors CD Consultant, Association HQ Herman Miller 18,000 SF
2000MICHELLE PILON INTERIORSInteriors CD Consultant, KPMG Knoll 18,000 SF
1999MICHELLE PILON INTERIORSDotcom Corporate Offices, Tysons Corner, VA 5,000 SF
1998SVERDRUPGovernment Agency, Atlanta, GA - KnollClassified
Pentagon North Facility, ProgrammingClassified
1996-2010MICHELLE PILON INTERIORSResidential, Hospitality, Models 20,000 SF $1M
2003-05GLENN FONG AIA CDCABethesda Estate / New Construction Design Build 18,000 SF $8M
2002-05THOS FRENCH ARCHITECTS Great Falls Estate / Renovation 6,000 SF $8M
2002-04HARPOLE ARCHITECTSGeorgetown Townhouse / Interiors Design Build 4,500 SF $1M
2003-04ROBERT GURNEY ARCHITECTSMcLean Estate / Renovation 3,000 SF $2M
2003-05SUTTON YANTIS ARCHITECTSClifton Residence / Interiors 2,000 SF $.2M
2004-05BARNES VANZE ARCHITECTSEmbassy Row Manor / Interiors 4,000 SF $1M
1991-96NORDSETH BUILDERSMcLean Estate / Renovation 7,500 SF $.5M
2006-2010MICHELLE PILON INTERIORS Restaurant, Hair Salon, Meeting Center 20,000 SF
Washington Design Center Showhouse 2008
Leesburg Rust Manor Showhouse 2006
2004GULFSTREAM DESIGNPrivate Corporate Jet 14 seats
2000MICHELLE PILON INTERIORS HENV/Lascaris Design, University Cultural Center 20,000 SF
1998SVERDRUP (HANNY HASSAN AIA)Autotrain Terminal Facility, Lorton, VA 10,000 SF
MEDICAL / HEALTHCARE
2001MICHELLE PILON INTERIORS / Interiors CD Consultant for:
MCCULLOCH ENGLAND ASSOCIATES ARCHITECTS, Charlotte Huelat Parimucha Ltd
Highpoint NC Cancer Center 50,000 SF
HUELAT PARIMUCHA LtdPotomac Hospital Renovations, Woodbridge, VA 7,500 SF
HUELAT PARIMUCHA Ltd Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20,000 SF
Contractor, MICHELLE PILON INTERIORS, McLean, VA1997-Present
Owner Rep/GC APM, COHEN COMPANIES/ADC BUILDERS, Rockville, MD2006-2010
Sr. Interior Designer, BARRY DIXON, INC., Warrenton, VA2002-2005
Interiors Program Designer, SVERDRUP, Arlington, VA (Government Agency)1998
Private Consultant, INTERNATIONAL PROJECT FINANCE, INC., Washington, DC1985-1996
MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY, Arlington, VA B.A. Interior Design; 1997
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, Washington, DC M.A. School of Public & International Affairs; 1981.
MOUNT HOLYOKE COLLEGE, South Hadley, MA B.A.; 1978
U.N. COLLEGE PROGRAM/KENT STATE UNIVERSITY, Geneva, Switzerland, 1977
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
MEMBER, AMERICAN SOCIETY OF INTERIOR DESIGNERS (ASID)
ASID WASHINGTON METRO CHAPTER: Presidential Citation for Distinguished Service, 1997
ASID WASHINGTON METRO CHAPTER: Design Awards Ceremony Host and Emcee 2000
MEMBER, FENG SHUI INSTITUTE OF AMERICA
NCIDQ, Certification, Sections I & II; 1999 (Section III outstanding)
SEMINARS: Strategic Marketing (Miami, Las Vegas, Nashville, Chicago); 1999-2004
ASID CEUS: Sustainable Design, ADA & Hospitality, Contracts & Ethics, CAD; 1997-2001
CERTIFICATION: Feng Shui; 2007
WEICHERT: REALTOR Certification, McLean, VA; 1994