Timothy S. Morgan
Experienced Executive Project Manager with a record of successful architectural practice, construction management, real estate risk management and investment project oversight. Strong in project management, analysis and strategic planning. Expertise in design, estimating, codes, contract documents and environmental risks. An excellent communicator in both written and verbal presentations. A proven track record of strong interpersonal relationships based on trust, integrity and the delivery of accurate, well-supported and thoughtful strategies and solutions.
1. Broad knowledge of development, architecture, construction and finance.
2. Excellent skills in client interface, architecture, property evaluation and construction management.
3. Listens carefully and responds effectively.
4. A collaborative worker who can work independently.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
President, Understanding Architecture
July 2009 Present
Provides consulting services in Development, Design, Construction and Dispute Resolution to the Real Estate Investment, Development, Construction and Architecture industries.
Vice President, Credit Suisse/Column Capital, LLC (Fixed Income Investments)
June, 2007 July, 2009
Directed preparation of property condition and environmental assessments, cost analysis, and contract documentation for affordable housing tax credit investments. Presented development risk assessments for Investment Committee consideration. Managed oversight of construction, budgets, draw funding, continuing risk assessment and asset management of a multi-property portfolio.
1. Saved an investors equity investment of $2,828,500 by identifying a potential General Partner default and initiating a transition strategy that resulted in the replacement of the General Partner by negotiation, saving significant legal expense and preserving tax credit delivery.
2. Found significant design issues in a proposed investment and made recommendations to reconsider the investment, saving approximately $10,000,000 of equity in a declining real estate market.
3. Developed a scope of work, saving $1,000,000 in construction costs necessary to repair and reposition a distressed multi-family property.
VP/Director, MMA Realty Capital (formerly MONY and AXA Financial)
April, 2001 May, 2007
Managed Architectural, Engineering and Environmental due diligence for properties under consideration by lender clients. Reviewed Property Condition Assessments, Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, construction documents, budgets and provided construction oversight. Projects included multi-family, retail, mid-rise/high-rise office complexes and hospitality facilities. Directed consultant assignments and monitored ongoing turn-key capital projects including multiple projects within the companys portfolio. Provided support to loan officers and legal department throughout the risk assessment process.
1. Identified a potential developer default which saved the company a possible $13,000,000 loss.
2. Directed development risk analysis and construction oversight on multiple commercial office buildings with budgets from $10,000,000 - $28,000,000.
3. Directed design alternatives on a $30,000,000 New York hotel renovation that resulted in more efficient, stylish and cost-effective upgrades. Managed disbursement of loan proceeds, protecting the Owner and Lender from significant losses when the General Contractor failed to meet their financial obligations.
4. Developed an in-house construction cost data base facilitating budget analysis to compare with developer and consultant cost estimates. Process helped identify and resolve potentially deal-killer anomalies in construction cost information provided by clients and consultants.
President, Architecture Unlimited, Inc.
October, 1981 January, 2001
Created a full-service architectural firm completing projects ranging in size from $50,000 to $38,000,000 including residential, multi-family housing projects, educational facilities, banks, commercial, retail, office and industrial building types. Directed site selection, programming, master planning, landscape design, interior design, space planning, construction documentation, contract negotiation, construction administration and post-construction follow-up. Firm established a reputation of providing well-conceived, cost-effective designs and excellent client service. Many clients returned to the firm for multiple projects.
1. Completed over 60 community bank facility projects, many for repeat clients. Also completed numerous other project types including single and multi-family residential, educational, retail and office buildings.
2 .Designed and managed the construction of over 50 tenant finish projects, including maintenance of an overall building TI database.
3. Effectively managed a staff of professionals and support personnel and coordinated multiple projects in various stages of development.
4. Fostered a collaborative environment involving clients, consultants, contractors and employees which resulted in successful projects delivered on time and on budget.
Other Relevant Experience
Board of Directors, First National Bank, Stratton, CO
Construction Project Manager, Cillessen Construction, Golden, CO
Arbitrator/Mediator, American Arbitration Association
Bachelor of Architecture, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
REGISTRATION: Registered Professional Architect in the following states:
Colorado (200975)Kansas (2708)Nebraska (A-1668)Utah (133078-0301)
Nevada (3054)Texas (inactive (14220)NCARB Certificate #22575
Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD R14
National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
International Code Conference