James C. Wasser
Extremely analytical and inventive. Develops unique solutions to business concerns.
Proven ability to get projects completed ahead of schedule and under budget. Works well with customers to identify needs and sell products that satisfy the need. Produces highly accurate budgets and maintains excellent working relationships with subcontractors, vendors and fellow employees.
08/2009-Present Self Employed Brecksville, Ohio
* Consulting with residential and commercial builders.
* Residential and commercial renovation and remodeling projects.
04/1999- 08/2009 Patrick Builders Co., Inc. Stow, Ohio
* Estimating and Purchasing on all residential projects. Responsible for bidding and awarding all contracts for new projects while maintaining current subcontractor and supplier base. Met with prospective buyers to establish features, options and specifications. Priced out all new projects to customers.
* Met with Planning Commissions and Building Departments to obtain approvals and permits for all work.
* Estimated, bid and awarded all work for 81,800 sf. Factory/Office building. Worked closely with the architect, owner and subcontractors to value engineer the project to ensure that the facility performed as required for the least possible cost.
* Oversight of invoice payment and cash flow to ensure that work was completed and performed according to specifications at the contracted price.
* Managed Sales and relationships with Realtors to ensure that product was properly marketed.
* Meet with Customers to finalize details and close deals.
* Met with banks and lending institutions to maintain credit and cash flow.
* Managed site Superintendents.
* Served as Superintendent for 2008 including 81,800 sf. Factory/Office building. Scheduled and managed all subcontractors, suppliers and city inspections while working closely with the owner and the architect to complete the project in a timely fashion at the lowest possible cost.
09/98-04/99 Snavely Development Co. Willoughby Hills, Ohio
Director of Purchasing
* Estimating and Purchasing on all residential projects. Responsible for bidding and awarding all contracts for new projects while maintaining current subcontractor and supplier base. Provided budgets on all project lines both in terms of base units and individual homes. Implemented estimating database (Timberline) that is integrated to accounting system to control schedule, work flow and hard costs.
* Researched and introduced new products and ideas to reduce cycle time and control costs.
Tadian Homes Troy, Michigan
Director of Purchasing
* Responsible for all purchasing decisions including subcontract labor, building materials, office equipment and supplies. Negotiated all trade and supplier contracts and introduced the use of scopes of work to define responsibilities and duties. Assured predictability and consistency in the construction process by making available qualified subcontractors and suppliers at the least possible cost. Worked with subcontractors and suppliers to create an environment where questions were effectively answered and concerns were resolved while exploring and encouraging value engineering.
* Managed Estimator and worked closely with Estimator and Superintendents to ensure proper staffing of jobs at or under estimated budgets.
* Member of management team that planned for future growth, led strategy meetings on new projects to determine product mix, sales price, absorption rate, and profit margin.
Whitlatch & Co. Twinsburg, Ohio
General Manager of Construction Administration
* Constructed base estimates using existing proprietary software. Worked with programmer to enhance existing software to implement a purchase order system. Supervised estimating staff and construction administration secretary. Introduced gross profit report to track estimated profit from sales though completion. Negotiated all contracts with subcontractors and suppliers.
* Managed Estimating and Drafting departments to ensure seamless flow of information from sales department to field construction personnel.
* Managed unit and site construction activities for condominium project. Scheduled subcontractors and suppliers, inspected quality, and approved invoices. Scheduled city inspections and buyer pre-closing walkthroughs.
Customer Satisfaction Manager
* Introduced centralized control and tracking of customer service and new home walkthrough items. Worked with programmer to develop proprietary software to track service and walkthrough items by Superintendent and project to pinpoint areas of concern. Instituted a strict policy of accountability for Superintendents and Subcontractors to lower the total number of service and walkthrough items, lowered the completion time for these items, and reduced service costs while increasing customer satisfaction.
1982-1987 Miami University Oxford, Ohio B.A. History
Professional and Community Memberships
* Twins Days Committee Transportation Chairman
* City of Brecksville Planning Commission
* Brecksville Hornets Travel Baseball President and Head Coach 2004-2007 Seasons
* St. Basil CYO Basketball Coach 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 Seasons
* Brecksville Travel Basketball Coach 2005-2006 Season
* Hot Shot Basketball Travel Basketball League Commissioner
* Broadview Heights Blue Eagles Travel Baseball Coach 2008-2009 Seasons