JEREMY J. DANIELS
9907 North 87th Lane
Peoria, Arizona 85345
Industrial construction superintendent with 5+ years of leadership experience and 15+ years of hands-on construction project experience. Intuitive ability to build project schedules, anticipate potential problems and remain calm under pressure to ensure deadlines and budgets are met career track record of 98% of jobs on-time and under budget. Able to motivate crews with clear, straightforward communication of expectations of craftsman-level quality standards. Proficient in MS Office with working knowledge of AutoCAD and Project.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
* Managed daily construction activities for various industrial construction projects including water, wastewater and arsenic treatment plants, mines, refineries, food processing plants and power houses.
* Served as overall Project Superintendent for projects up to $3M and Mechanical Superintendent for projects up to $30M. Oversaw quality and productivity of all subcontractors and trades.
* Communicated with customers regarding change orders, responded to inquiries on a timely basis and ensured customers expectations were met. Conducted final inspections and any punch list items.
* Resolved problems in the field and communicated with engineers, architects, inspectors and customers to resolve problems with the least impact to budget, timeline and design specifications.
Budget and Schedule Management:
* Created comprehensive long-term and 3-week project schedules and reviewed engineering drawings to identify potential problems and proactively implement solutions that avoided schedule delays.
* Participated in and led pre-construction and construction meetings to coordinate among team and subcontractors.
* Coordinated with project managers, superintendents, foremen, subcontractors and crew to ensure timeline goals were met. During career 98% of jobs came in under budget and on-time.
* Negotiated agreements with suppliers and vendors that resulted in significant cost savings.
* In 3 years of experience with MGC Contractors, all projects came in under budget and made the company an average profit margin of 10%.
* Performed constant follow-up on sub-contractor schedule and manpower to review and document status and contract fulfillment; held sub-contractors accountable to contractual terms.
Quality and Safety Management:
* Proficient in reading ISOs, ORTHOs, P&IDs, blueprints and weld maps and recording as-builts to ensure specifications were met with the highest standards of quality craftsmanship.
* Strived to turn over the best possible product to the customer with the fewest possible punch list items. Dedicated to balancing high standards of quality craftsmanship without sacrificing budget or timelines.
* Ensured all employees and contractors were in compliance with safety regulations such as OSHA, personal protective equipment (PPE) usage and hazardous materials handling.
* Conducted pre-task safety meetings and trainings in subjects such as LOTO, confined space entry, rigging and hazard abatement; upheld zero tolerance policy for lack of safety awareness.
* Led by example as a safety-conscious worker with no serious personal safety incidents or property damage; mentored and educated team to remain vigilant and aware of safety concerns.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Superintendent MGC Contractors, Phoenix, Arizona 5/2007 to 5/2009 and 12/2009 to 5/2010
* Directed up to 12 personnel and all subcontractors on all aspects of industrial projects including RFIs, submittals, finish work and punch lists.
* Coordinated inspections and permit processes with city officials.
Superintendent Kear Civil Groups, Phoenix, Arizona 5/2009 to 12/2009
* Oversaw $1.5M above-ground mechanical construction portion of $65M Kingman wastewater treatment plant.
* Completed materials take-offs based on engineering drawings and blueprints.
Superintendent Haugebak Construction, Phoenix, Arizona 1/2007 to 5/2007
* Coordinated and communicated extensively with clients while performing tenant improvements and grocery store remodels.
* Managed project schedule in extremely deadline-driven environment to meet client expectations.
Assistant Superintendent PCL Civil Constructors, Phoenix, Arizona 7/2005 to 1/2007
* Assisted in the construction supervision of 6 arsenic treatment plants for the City of Phoenix.
* Supervised team that installed underground sewer lines for the City of Buckeye.
* Performed JOC jobs for the City of Tucson.
Lead Man Hunter Contracting Company, Phoenix, Arizona 7/2004 to 7/2005
* Assisted with running a crew during the construction of $30M wastewater treatment plant and $3M lift station for the City of Glendale.
Engineering Department Contractor Mary Ann Baking Co., Sacramento, California 12/2003 to 6/2004
* Installed equipment such as chillers and boilers and assisted with the establishment of 35K square foot food processing facility for the largest commercial baking company in California.
ADDITIONAL CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE
General Foreman / Site Foreman 10/1998 to 11/2003
TIC Construction, Matrix Services, Granite Construction, StarCon Intl. and CDK Construction, various locations
* Participated in the construction of gold mines and copper mines including Kennecott, the worlds largest open pit mine.
* Installed and constructed ball mills, smelter units, chemical processors and more during construction processes.
Pipe Fitter TIC Construction, various locations 5+ years
* Experienced journeyman pipe fitter with a broad base of knowledge in all aspects of mechanical and piping construction.
* Handled and managed different types of hydro and pressure test packages for start-up on various types of pipe and vessels at various levels for leaks. Documented finish results for client records.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Associate of Applied Science, Electronics Engineering Technology ITT Technical Institute, Murray, Utah
Superintendent Certification, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, 2006
Confined Space Entry