1654 HOLLY LAKE CIRCLE
SNELLVILLE, GA 30078
Dynamic Leader with extensive P&L review and reporting. Skilled at budgeting as well as controlling SG&A expenses. Excellent team builder proficient with open lines of communication within the team and management. Proven success adapting to new accounting software.
- Multi-Location Management
- P&L Responsibility
- Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Defining and Implementing Company Initiatives
- Best Practice Administrator and Trainer
- Project Leadership and Implementation
PEACHTREE SERVICE EXPERTS, INC., Duluth, GA 2008 - 2010
$30M Retail Center of Service Experts, Inc., a subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company.
Oversaw the operational performance of the service center with 4 locations around Atlanta; direct managed an Administrative / Dispatch staff of 16 and dealt directly with 5 branch managers. Participated in monthly conferences with the President regarding financial performance. Reported to the General Manager.
- Reduced A / R by 53% within 6 months by utilizing administrative staff to start placing calls for collections, implemented a corporate initiative using a perpetual inventory system, and managed a successful rollout of the new handheld units to the service techs.
- Ensured the center had all Sarbanes-Oxley processes in line with corporate expectations, maintained A / R and inventory levels within the guidelines for working capital, managed all corporate initiatives and audits, and handled all the budgeting and forecasting.
- Corroborated with all divisions of Peachtree to ensure paperwork flow from techs, installers, and comfort advisors were reported properly and timely and drove revenue through a capacity planner for setting the number of daily calls.
- Software included STARS, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
SERVICE EXPERTS, INC., Southeast District, Richardson, TX 2000 - 2008
$60M district for a subsidiary of Lennox International, Inc., a Fortune 500 company.
Directed financial and operational performances of up to 11 HVAC retail, residential, commercial and new construction companies located throughout GA, AL, MS, TN and SC with a revenue range from $3M to $30M. Interfaced directly with the General Managers and worked closely with a District Manager as a team. Reported to Director of Accounting located in Texas.
- Designed and documented 3rd party collection process for entire organization.
- Initiated 1st consolidated accounting for the district which company executed nationally to include all 130 centers across the company.
- Assisted in designing and implementing a matrix to bring other companies into the consolidated accounting center.
- Performed purchase accounting entries for all companies, converted most centers to the operations package, and coordinated initial and continual training.
- Designed multiple Excel spreadsheets covering several key corporate initiatives that were implemented nationally.
- Recognized as District Controller of the Year for 2005 and 2006. Developed a plan to become the number one district in Service Experts by reducing total A / R and working capital as a percent to revenue using consistent techniques with the General Managers.
- Performed audits in Canada during a period of crisis and helped train corporate initiatives such as Titan (an operational process in the centers for Best Practices) and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Ensured the financial and operational integrity of responsible centers according to GAAP, SOX and company policies. Guaranteed the timeliness and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting, developed reliable and timely budget and forecast information, performed SOX audits, and coordinated all internal and external audits.
* Software included STARS, Monarch Pro, Excel and Word.
CONSOLIDATED TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT SERVICES, INC., Duluth, GA 1999 - 2000
$62M Atlanta subsidiary for ROCOR, a national transportation company.
Managed an accounting staff of eight, produced all financial data for all departments company-wide for 33 nationwide locations. Held weekly accounting meetings, reconciled general ledger accounts, and reported to the Director of Logistics.
- Instrumental in converting accounting packages while working in two systems for Y2K compliance. Handled year-end audit for 1998 as first priority and aggressively reduced A / R and carrier payable agings. Software included MAS 90, Excel, Word, ILS and Metafreight.
SUDDATH RELOCATION SYSTEMS, dba Suddath United Van Lines, Norcross, GA 1998 - 1999
$8.14M Atlanta branch for a national moving and storage company.
Managed an accounting staff of nine and reported to the General Manager. Reconciled and wrote-up all general ledger accounts and sales commissions for the branch; directed biweekly manager meetings.
- Repositioned staff to better align their abilities to the needs of the organization.
- Attacked and corrected billing and A / R issues. Software included Lotus 123, Notes and United Van Lines GL package for the AS400.
MILLARD-WAYNE, INC., Atlanta, GA 1993 - 1998
$3M medical software sales and support.
CONTROLLER / HUMAN RESOURCES
Managed an accounting and administrative staff of four. Performed 100% of payroll and human resource duties for 30 employees, directed biweekly manager meetings over A / R, and controlled flow of cash. Compiled and reported daily financials to CEO.
- Successfully converted cash flow into positive figures with minimal change. Initiated intensive collection procedures, rectified the companys D&B report, upgraded existing policies, and learned IBM AS400 skills. Software included ParaResearch, 400Word and Query, ADP and Lotus 123.
AMERICAN NATIONAL STUDIOS, INC., Alpharetta, GA 1992 - 1993
$10M glamour photography retail.
CONTROLLER / ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Managed an accounting staff of three which handled multi-state sales tax and payroll for 110 employees.
- Developed from the ground floor policies and procedures for the start-up company; initiated the companys health insurance plan and instituted a strong accounts payable plan using MAS 90. Software included Quicken 5.0, ADP, Smart spreadsheet, Professional Write and Lotus 123.
HENRY MAY ACCOUNTING SERVICE, Chamblee, GA 1986 - 1992
Public Accounting Office.
ACCOUNTANT / TAX PREPARER
Conducted extensive accounting for 24 businesses, including tax preparation and depreciation schedules.
- Prepared tax returns for over 125 individuals and 20 corporate clients yearly. Software included Pro-Tym, Tax Partner, Tax Wise and Lotus 123.
- BA, Business Accounting, Berry College, Mt. Berry, GA