313 Lake of the Pines, East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania 18302
Home (570) 588-6231 * Cell (570) 269-1511
SENIOR COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT
CONSTRUCTION * CHANGE ORDERS * SUBCONTRACTING * FIELD SUPERVISION * QUALITY ASSURANCE * SAFETY
Proven, experienced Senior Construction Superintendent with 15 years of experience with all aspects of large, multi-million dollar new and renovation projects in the US and in Europe. Strengths include costing and estimating, unit price calculations, project scheduling, materials forecasting and logistics management, subcontractor management, site supervision, quality control and site safety. Expert in multiple construction techniques and materials with particular expertise in pre-cast concrete. Outstanding analytical, decision-making and communication skills combine with talent for leadership and relationship building for effective coordination of cross-functional teams toward project goals. Manage multiple projects efficiently and smoothly to meet deadlines and budgets. US Green Card holder; NYC DOB Registered Superintendent.
Project Management * P&L * Planning * Budgeting * Cost Estimating * Cost Accounting * Expense Control Scheduling * Workforce Planning * Subcontractor Management * Materials Management * Vendor Relations Negotiations * Logistics * Team Leadership * Inventory Management * Distribution * Engineering * Negotiating * Reporting * Managing * Team Leadership * Staff Management
HC CONSTRUCTORS, Whitehouse Station, NJ2008 2009
Full-service construction company targeting utility and pharmaceutical industries. Eighty employees and annual revenues of $30M.
Managed up to five major projects simultaneously for clients including First Energy Corporation, NJ and Union County, NJ ranging in cost from $100,000 to over $6M. Reported to company President, acted as liaison between company, clients and subcontractors. Negotiated and contracted with subcontractors including concrete companies, electricians, landscapers, plumbing etc., scheduled work, planned workforce, directed company Supervisors, crews and subcontractors onsite, analyzed plans and drawings, implemented and tracked change orders, tracked submittals and maintained submittal logs, and ensured that projects proceeded according to schedule.
- Maintained 100% on-schedule and on-budget project record.
- Reduced overall costs by 10% by effective relations with subcontractors and vendors.
- Improved safety program to significantly reduce on-the-job accidents; initiative awarded OSHA Blue Ribbon Partnership.
- Completed project on time and on budget after stalled by political and contractor problems by acting as effective liaison between parties and providing technical support to architects and owners.
- Developed innovative, cost-effective method to relocate improperly placed cast concrete substructures for electrical substation to maintain project schedule and complete project on time and within budget.
MORGAN CONSTRUCTION ENTERPRISES, New York, NY2007 2008
Major, northeastern US builder of institutional and commercial facilities with focus on hospitals, universities and transportation centers.
Directed key aspects of $70M conversion of existing parking structure into state-of-art Center for Advanced Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York. Reported to Project Manager and Vice President of Operations. Responsible for major interior rework projects including demolishing existing structures, carpentry, electrical systems, HVAC, plumbing, flooring, doors and windows and painting/wall coverings.
- Implemented effective and strict workplace safety policies to maintain zero accident record.
- Successfully coordinated multiple, overlapping interior rework projects to complete all on schedule and within budget.
- Provided expert technical advice and support to architects and contractors during interior demolition to reduce both labor and materials costs.
MCISSACK GROUP, New York, NY2006 2007
Oldest woman-owned professional design and construction company in the US. Focuses on education, healthcare and transportation projects. Revenues of $120M and 200 employees.
Reporting to Project Manager and General Superintendent, directed key construction projects for new, $560M hospital Center for Advanced Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. Responsible for erecting 5,200 tons of structural steel, installing 1M lbs of lead radiation shielding and executing 43,000 cubic yards of concrete and masonry work.
- Completed projects on time and on budget.
- Maintained accident free safety record throughout job.
- Prevented six-month delay by innovative solution to radiation shielding problem.
TDX CONSTRUCTION, New York, NY2000 2006
Major, full-service construction company specializing complex projects for clients including major NYC-area hospitals and universities. Annual revenues of $150M and 150 employees.
First position in the United States during which won favorable reputation in NE US construction industry. Directed phases I, II, III and IV of major Kings County Hospital Centers Comprehensive Redevelopment project for client DASNY, including subcontractor coordination and scheduling, evaluating, estimating and scheduling major change orders up to $1.8M, and ensuring timely completion of each of projects phases.
- Maintained high safety record throughout entire project.
- Completed each of four phases on time and on budget.
- Successfully coordinated work schedules with hospital staff for minimum disruption to hospital.
- Gained reputation for technical expertise, efficiency, analytical ability and relationship skills during this first US position after move from Germany.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Master Construction Certificate (equivalent to US Masters of Science Degree in Civil Engineering),
Handwerkskammer, Aachen, Germany (courses included Construction Management, Foundations and Building Design, Project Management, Structural Calculations and Construction Safety)
OSHA 30 hour certified