A detail oriented CONSTRUCTION PROFESSIONAL with a distinctive career in commercial construction and retail development, including, schools, pools, a library, a hospital, a jail, a casino, university and municipal buildings with full responsibility for site management and documentation.
A progressive career within diverse construction atmospheres including remodels, structural repairs and new construction. Broad based experience encompasses fast track, design build and working as the general contractor / owner.
A self directed and motivated professional with the ability to consistently achieve objectives. Recognized for the ability to deliver a QUALITY PRODUCT ON TIME, and UNDER BUDGET.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
* Able to formulate a complete understanding of the contract documents and translate and communicate requirements to subcontractors and construction team.
* Prevent delays by recognizing conflicts and potential problems in the contract documents.
* Determine most efficient construction sequence to establish the critical path.
* Evaluate schedule to determine adequate progress or necessary remedial actions.
* Supervise and observe work in progress to maintain quality control.
* Negotiate contract terms, change orders, purchase orders.
* Responsible for site documentation including: Daily reports, RFIs / ASIs, weekly coordination meetings, subcontractor preconstruction conferences, safety meetings and inspections, storm water protection plan, updating contract documents and as-builts.
* Exemplary OSHA record and jobsite safety standards.
* Respected and trusted by owners, design team and subcontractors as a result of honest and straight forward approach in personal interactions.
* Multitask and prioritize all the above to be in the right place at the right time.
MCPHERSON CONTRACTORS INC.
TOPEKA, KANSAS 1993-2010
* Project manager on site with a team of three superintendents, completing $60 M projects, on time and under budget each of last two years.
* Fast Track, design build casino on 100 acre site, completed in 11 months, project bid in 3 building and 4 site packages.
* Monitored all electronic plan distribution through FTP site utilizing adobe software.
* Coordinated closely with design professionals, owners and operators consultants, building from an owners (McPhersons) perspective.
* Superintendent since 1995, completing competitive bid projects up to $ 9 M and development projects up to $ 18 M on time and within budget.
* Successfully completed school remodels with very aggressive summer schedules.
* Supervised crews up to 20 men in demolition, erecting steel, pouring concrete, setting precast, installing hardware and specialties on work we self performed.
Complete project list available upon request.
R. D. ANDERSEN CONSTRUCTION INC.
TOPEKA, KANSAS 1980-1992
* ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT for final three years after working my way up from laborer.
* Documented site progress on monthly reports, tracking time for employees, monitored safety compliance.
* Created shop drawings for radial wall forms and pie shaped deck pans.
* Conducted punch lists and tracked them to completion.
* Ordered and inventoried materials.
* Projects included: schools, hospitals, jails, churches, industrial and university buildings.
KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY
College of Architectural Engineering
Attended K-State completing 143 / 160 hours, while working to support a family.
My education provided me with the unique perspective and knowledge of the designer and the problem solving skills of an engineer.
Dr. Robert VanMaren, Superintendent
Bonner Springs School District, USD 204 VanMarenB[at]usd204.net 2200 South 138 th. Street
PO BOX 435
Bonner Springs, Kansas,66012
Ray Buyle, Assistant Professor
Architectural Engineering and Construction Science
Kansas State University
247 Seaton Hall
Manhattan, Kansas 66506
Dave Emig, Architect
Emig and Associates Architects
517 Merchant, #203
PO BOX 1724
Emporia, Kansas 66801