I am interested in a position as an Electrical Designer/Estimator/Project Manager.
I have worked successfully as an electrical project manager with extensive estimating, design, and engineering experience in the electrical construction industry. My experiences include utilizing Accubid, McCormick, and Masters estimating systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe Professional, and in electrical design using AutoCad 2010, and Revit 2010. I have worked on major, multimillion dollar private and public sector industrial and commercial projects.
I have been successfully working for over 30 years in electrical construction industry, and currently carry both electrical contractors and inspector\'s licenses. I have 20+ years experience in project management, and estimating, 12+ years of experience an electrical design engineer.
In these various roles, my responsibilities included project coordination and design of all types of construction projects, beginning with budgeting, estimating, value engineering, and carrying through to commissioning and close out.
I feel that my management, estimating, design, and extensive construction background would be an asset to your company in this position. I have increased profit margins for every company I have worked with.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to have the opportunity to discuss this employment position with you in person.
Electrical estimator with project management and design experience spanning over 30 years in the electrical construction industry. Excellent estimating and project management skills with H.R. experience. Additional abilities also include design, value engineering, coordination, and installation of complex industrial, hospital/medical research, commercial, and public sector projects. Effective in implementing Plan/Spec and Design-Build programs while satisfying client requirements. Expert training and teaching skills. Proficient computer and electrical equipment knowledge with diverse communication skills.
Project Manager/Electrical Designer - 4/2008 to 5/2010
Electrical design and project management for several new and major renovation projects including hospital, governmental, and private sector mixed use buildings.
* Design team leader for the Dayton, Ohio electrical department.
* Electrical design for projects over 30 million dollars.
* Multiple project design, budgeting, and management using AutoCad 2010 and Revit 2010, Access, and PM software.
* Building and site energy, short circuit, and grounding evaluations.
* LEED compliant designs and IEEE energy guideline implementation.
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI
Senior Staff Engineer - 7/2000 to 4/2008
Electrical design and project management for new and renovation projects, focused on medical research, educational, hospital, and facilities upgrades.
* Team leadership for several multimillion dollar projects.
* Electrical budget development, estimating, and design for projects over 7 million dollars.
* Audio-visual equipment design.
* Lightning protection design and electrical building inspections.
* LEED compliance and IEEE energy guideline implementation, reduced overall energy costs for university.
* Electrical commissioning team leader.
KRAFT ELECTRICAL CONTRACTING
Project Manager - 8/1997 to 7/2000
Projects manager of multiple private and public sector buildings.
* Estimating using Accubid and McCormick software programs.
* Worked with multiple design-build and drawing-spec projects utilizing AutoCAD.
* Multiple projects manager with extensive electrical equipment knowledge.
* Design electrical systems for commercial and industrial projects.
* Expanded business by 100% in six months.
WEISBERGER ELECTRIC CO. INC.
Project Manager / Estimator - 6/96 to 8/97
* Responsibilities include design, estimating and budgeting several fast track and time sensitive bid and design / build projects in the southwestern Ohio area, including design / build construction projects, manufacturing, and industrial installations.
* Increased gross business by 200% in first six months.
SOUTHWEST OHIO ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS
Project Manager / Estimator / Divisional Manager - 8/95 to 6/96
* Responsible for estimating, managing, design, and budgeting multiple construction and manufacturing projects in a three state market.
* Expanded operations in the three state market area and opened a second office in the Cincinnati area.
BERTKE ELECTRIC COMPANY
Project Manager / Estimator / Personnel Director - 5/93 to 8/95
* Accountable for estimating, project oversight, value engineering, and budgeting of several projects in local and regional locations, and estimating bid/spec. and design / build projects. Additionally responsible for direct hiring of field employees.
BERTKE ELECTRIC COMPANY
Project Superintendent 1/84 to 5/93
* Duties included management and installation of all phases of electrical construction, complete project scheduling, from start up to commissioning. Successful projects include large commercial, industrial, and waste water treatment plant upgrades budgeted at $ 33+ million.
SINCLAIR COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Revit MEP 2010 , May, 2010
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI
Electrical Engineering Technology, ASEET 1997
ELDER HIGH SCHOOL, CINCINNATI, OHIO
Graduated College Preparatory program 1971
Construction Project Management and Motivational Seminars
* Completed courses in project management and employee motivation.
* Total project management, creation of conceptual budgets, estimation, commissioning, and close-out for electrical construction projects exceeding 33 million dollars.
* Proficient in several computer programs.
o Microsoft Office 2007, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microworks Projects.
o Estimation software use including Accubid, McCormick and Masters.
o Primavera Construction Management, Microsoft Project.
o Revit MEP 2010
o AutoCAD 2010
* Design industrial, health care, and commercial electrical projects for 15+ years.
o Includes power, control, nurse call, and systems integration.
* Design integrated audio-visual projects for 8+ years.
o Includes power, control, and Audio/Visual room integration.
* Design of lighting and power control systems for 15+ years.
* NEC Electrical Safety Inspector Certification, 10+ years.
o Comprehensive knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
* Electrical Contractors license, 18+ years.
o Extensive knowledge of all types of electrical construction.
* Electrical construction and facilities maintenance experience with public and private medical, industrial, and commercial projects for over 30 years.
* Extensive experience in electrical equipment installation, motor control applications, including drives, PLC & SCADA.
o Electrical design, installation and troubleshooting from medium voltage to low voltage operations.
* Construction Training Instructor for over 10 years.
o Design and teach state approved courses for field personnel, electrical contractors, and electrical safety inspectors.