4255 Morning Mist Lane Cumming, GA 30028
Home: 770-844-0648 Cell: 770-714-0854 E-mail: jwbtvb[at]comcast.net
* Project Manager with 15 years experience in Industrial Construction.
* Expert AWS Inspector working on ASME Code Vessels / Pressure Piping.
* Safety Coordinator with 14 years experience in Fossil Fired Boiler.
* Boilermaker with 37 years experience in boiler construction / repairs.
Skill NameSkill LevelLast UsedExperience
Project ManagerExpert200415 years
AWS InspectorExpert19989 years
Safety CoordinatorExpert200914 years
Safety Coordinator 2006 - 2009
* Bowen Generating Station Cartersville, GA
* Installation of FDG emission control units on 4 fossil fired boilers. Achieved in excess of 2 million man hours without a lost time incident. Instructed and trained skilled and non skilled tradesmen. Acted as liaison with subcontractor management and utility client supervision.
Babcock Wilcox, Madison, Indiana
Skilled Trade Manager2002-2003
* Manage the installation of SCR emission control devices on 6 utility boilers. Contract was completed 8 months ahead of schedule. Managed dedicated manpower was 415 tradesmen.
Sterling Boiler & Mechanical, Evansville, Indiana 2001 - 2002
Site Manager / Quality Control Manager
* Managed 2 major boiler repairs consisting of replacing the entire Superheater Section and the entire Economizer Sections on (2) 650 Megawatt Babcock Wilcox boilers.
* Compiled 178,000 man hours without an OSHA recordable incident.
Sterling Boiler & Mechanical Evansville, Indiana 2001 - 2001
* Performed critical emergency rebuild at a Carbon Anode facility at the Alcoa Knoxville, TN plant.
* Completed project 2 days ahead of schedule utilizing 86 skilled tradesmen. Prevented loss revenue to Alcoa was $1,000,000 million dollars per day past this critical timeline.
* Zero OSHA recordables incidents during outage.
Sterling Boiler & Mechanical 2000 -2001
Construction Supervisor / Site Safety Manager
* Installation of a Clear Coat Line Waxer at the Alcoa Warrick Operations Plant.
* Managed and coordinated all union labor and engineering.
* Supervised scheduling of labor force and labor dispute resolution.
* Coordinated steel fabricators and equipment supplies.
Sterling Boiler & Mechanical 1999 - 2000
Project Manager / Safety Site Manager
* Installation of $3,000,000 million Smelting Furnace rebuild for Alcoa Aluminum Warrick Operations.
* Fabricated new skeleton frame and sheeting, entirely new electronic controls, piping, emissions controls and refractory..
* Scheduled mobilization of 112 tradesmen and 2 fabricating shops.
* Directed labor relations between construction facilities and on site labor.
* Completed project in 27 days with a 24 hour, 7 day work schedule.
Sterling Boiler & Mechanical 1990 - 1999
* Supervised numerous utility boiler and ASME code vessel repairs in Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, Missouri and Colorado.
* Directed project skilled tradesmen, safety training, documentation and welding certification programs.
* Prepared R1 forms for ASME code compliance.
Alcoa Warrick Operations
Safety Training & Certifications
*OSHA 29 CFR 1910 and OSHA CFR 1926 * Confined Space Entry * Lock Out Tag Out * Fall Protection * Rigging * Respirator Fit Test * Hot Work Permit * Excavation, Trenching, and Shoring * Scaffolding * Power Platforms * PPE * Welding and Cutting * MSDS * Haz Comm * Steel Erection * Wall, Floor and Roof Openings * Housekeeping * CPR
Trinity School of the Bible
American Welding Society
AWS Certified Welding Inspector for AWS & ASME Welding
American Welding Society
Free Mason Lodge 64