ANDREW DREW MORETTI
HOME: 11106 GRANADA RD., RICHMOND, VA, 23235
Scott Thomas Construction
Nationwide Commercial and Retail Construction
October 2007 to December 2008Superintendent
I was recruited by the COO to be the inaugural Superintendent for the newly forming Richmond Division. Successfully brought the first ground up project in Richmond for the firm. I Completed the OSHA 30 hour online course 2nd among 25 other Supers. I was nicknamed Sarge by my peers.
- Winchester Greens-Ground up construction of 20,000 SF stand alone retail center, Richmond, VA. Scope included site work, curb and gutter, paving, CMU and Steel Construction, EIFS substrate and glass storefronts. Project was completed in 16 weeks from ground breaking to turnover.
- Interior build-out of 3,000 SF retail store BCBG Maxazria in Deer Park NY. This 9 week project was completed in 6 weeks with a white glove, 0 punch list turn over. Scope included new mechanical equipment, electrical gear and plumbing for two restrooms. Layout walls, soffits and ceilings as per tenant plans. Finishes included flooring and painting, as well as installation of tenant fixturing
- Vitamin Shop-Austin, TX Tenant Build Out. Built a retail and future space with 2 separate permits from a single vacated space with different inspection guidelines for each.
- Coldwater Creek-Chesterfield Towne Center Richmond, VA Tenant Build Out. Overcame numerous obstacles created by the mall leasing firm and their subcontractors and coordinated all of them with minimal assistance.
- Riverside Hospital Newport News VA Operating Room addition and renovation.
I was forced to leave due to Scott Thomas liquidation of the firm.
Framing, Drywall and Interior Finishes
August 2004 to October 2007Superintendent
I was hired by the Owner to oversee major projects in the Richmond Metro area. I was instrumental in creating a professional presence to the company. I was also instrumental in implementing a safer work environment by updating equipment and tools that were older and outdated, which saved time, money and the welfare of the men.
- Virginia Commonwealth University-Richmond, VA- Hibbs Hall Renovation. 140,000SF of total renovation of one of the oldest buildings at VCU. Due to antiquated as-builts and lack of investigation, it was a troubleshooting masterpiece - Rockets Landing - Richmond, VA. 240 Unit Apartment Homes. This project was composed of transforming an old ca. 1840s warehouse into high six and sometimes seven figure apartment dwellings on the James River. I was in charge of the total layout of all the trades that depended on me to install their fixtures, chase walls and partitions. - Riverside on the James-Richmond, VA Troutman Sanders LLP Tenant Build Out. This was the gem in the crown. It was a multimillion dollar new construction project of the 11th through 15 floors of lawyers, associates and partners offices. I was in charge of the total layout of the interior of the building (over 50,000 SF), with the exception of the core, which I had to correct from time to time.
I left to accept career growth as Superintendent for Scott Thomas Construction.
Forest City Enterprises LLC
Short Pump, VA
Real Estate Consulting
September 2002 to July 2004Superintendent/ Tenant Coordination
- I was hired by the General Superintendent in answer to a recommendation by an associate of his. I was one of three superintendents overseeing construction of multiple retail outlets in a Super Mall setting. Locate utilities, issue meters, tenant coordination. Responsible for scheduling, monitoring, and inspecting all Contractors work from start to finish. Performed customer service and orientations in a professional manner for retail spaces valued up to $2M.
I left due to the end of the contract when the mall opened.
Glen Allen VA
June1999 to September 2002General Foreman
- When I first moved to Virginia, I was searching for a niche in the area and responded to an ad for a general site specific foreman in the area. I was hired on the spot by the General Superintendent. I was in charge of our own self perform crews and other subcontractors in some tenant build outs in the greater Richmond area.
-New MRI room at Johnston Willis Medical Medical Center. Richmond VA
-Chippenham Hospital Addition and Renovation Richmond VA. New Parking Deck and Reception/ ER with a new Pediatric ER that tied in directly to existing Hospital .
From 1979 to 2009 I was a commercial carpenter in the New York metropolitan area. The number of projects is too extensive to list here, but the New York skyline is full of sites Ive worked.
References: Bruce Lowe, COO, Scott Thomas Construction
Aaron Edmondson, Project Engineer, US Army Corps of Engineers
Ron Beichner, Project Manager, Virtexco Corp.
Mark Sheridan, Senior Project Manager, Scott Thomas Construction
Contact information of references available upon request reasons of privacy.