SENIOR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
Award winning, results oriented, and entrepreneurial Senior Landscape Architect with extensive experience in business management, project management, design and construction. Proven history of achieving award winning superior project outcomes and building client loyalty. Aggregate value of completed projects exceeds $200 million with no E & O claims. Possess unique ability to see the big picture, pay attention to the critical details, and prioritize multiple tasks. Self-directed leader who can motivate high-performance teams to turn vision into reality. Utilize exceptional communication and presentation skills to develop effective working partnerships with all stakeholders. Committed to adding value and exceeding expectations through collaborative problem solving, creative idea generation, and focus on providing high-quality client service.
Avid Group, Palm Harbor, FL 2004 2010
Senior Associate, Director of Design Studio
Reorganized and redeveloped a landscape architecture group practice as a Design Studio. Led a staff of 10 architects and technical personnel in day-to-day business management and operations. Built in-depth knowledge of adaptive re-use of existing sites and facilities, and the development of sites ranging in size from one to over seven thousand acres. Represented the Design Studio at corporate board meetings. Prepared financial plans/forecasts, scheduled projects, oversaw project management and business development. Performed lead design and team leader on select complex projects involving architecture, engineering and environmental disciplines. Conducted HR responsibilities including hiring, dismissals, reviews and staff evaluations.
- Sustained back-log of over 100 projects with multi-million dollar aggregate contract value.
- Increased gross business volume of Landscape Architecture group by more than 100%.
- Selected by employees as one of the top managers in the firm.
- Recognized in the community for outstanding design and build results.
- Designed amenities for a large, well known residential community that were selected as "best" in the region for three consecutive years by a regional home builders association.
- Designed, permitted and implemented complex $2.4 million aquatic park in 13 months.
- Assisted HR in the successful defense of a wrongful termination action.
WilsonMiller, Tampa, FL 1999 2004
Regional Business Unit Manager, Senior Landscape Architect
Launched landscape architecture practice group. Led and mentored staff of seven architects, scheduled projects, conducted hiring, and business development. Served as design lead on select projects, with responsibility for resource planning and overall financial performance.
- Achieved a low staff turn over rate.
- Secured one of the largest clients for the firm, a national residential developer.
- Developed recognized amenities design for nationally recognized development community.
- Built department into a profitable business unit.
Genesis Group, Tampa, FL 1995 1999
Directed a staff of 8-10 professionals in day-to-day operations. Wrote specifications and prepared scope and fee proposals. Performed design, business development and management responsibilities for the department and coordinated project teams comprised of civil, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineers; and coordinated design work with environmental scientists on wetland mitigation assignments.
- Secured the I-275 Segment 1-A project, one of the nations largest federal highway improvement projects,
- which included a unique Bridge Aesthetics Report assignment, the first of its kind at the time.
- Named Landscape Architect of Record for the Florida National Scenic Trail Master Plan prepared for the 55 mile segment of the east rim of Lake Okeechobee.
ROF Engineers & Landscape Architects, Tampa, FL 1985 1995
Executive Vice President & Partner
Started a landscape architecture practice and grew backlog to support consistent positive growth with a diversity of public projects including streetscapes, aviation and transportation. Led support staff in day-to-day business operations. Prepared specifications, construction estimates, and related documents.
- Secured and designed major projects, including Universal Studios-Orlando, Tampa International Airport, and other large public works.
- Developed design for the city of Tampa's first round-a-bout and created designs for a number of streetscape projects.
- Completed landscape architecture design for Worlds Largest Parking facility structure
- Completed landscape architectural design and construction of the #1 ranked airport in the United States.
Prior Experience: Community Design Coordinator/Landscape Architect II for the City of Tampa, performing landscape architectural design and project management responsibilities for over 100 public works and parks projects including the City Hall Plaza and Bayshore Boulevard Improvements.
BLA, Landscape Architecture
University of Florida, School of Architecture & Fine Arts, Gainesville, FL
Registered Landscape Architect No. 000428, Florida Board of Landscape Architects
Landscape Architect, No. 0968, State of North Carolina, Board of Landscape Architecture
Certified Building Contractor, State of Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board, Certificate No. 0066
Council of Landscape Architects Registration Boards (CLARB), Certificate No. 525
American Society of Landscape Architects
International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Urban Land Institute
Council of Landscape Architects Registration Boards (CLARB)
Selected Member of Biltmore 2010 Honors Edition of Whos Who Among Executives and Professionals
SELECTED AWARDS / PRESENTATIONS / PUBLICATIONS
(Detailed list available upon request.)
(Selected Awards / Presentations / Publications samplings continued)
FishHawk Ranch Mixed Use Development, Amentiies and Entrances, Lithia, Florida
Channelside Corridor Streetscape Design, Hillsborough County Community Design Award, Tampa, FL
Hillsborough County Jail Central, Hillsborough County Community Design Awards, Tampa, FL
Design Award of Excellence, AIA-Florida Chapter, 4200 Cypress Office Building/Plaza, Tampa, FL
Florida State Landscape Architects Convention, ASLA, Amelia Island-Ritz Carlton, 1996
"Working Relationships Between Architects and Landscape Architects"
Cover Story, Home Magazine, [City: Publisher], January 2005
ASLA Professional Awards Program, Landscape Architect Magazine. ASLA-Florida Chapter, January, 1989. Featured Design Award: Honorable Mention - 4200 Cypress Office Building Project
Works Published in: St. Petersburg Times; Tampa Tribune; Ashville Sun Times; Home Magazine; others
Deltek Vision, MS Office, AutoCAD, LitePRO, M-Color