----------SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS----------
- Senior construction professional with over 15 years?
experience in residential and industrial construction.
- Experienced in residential and commercial build-outs,
renovations, work space planning, and historic
- Ability to design and communicate ideas via CAD
drawings, modeling, graphics, & writing and to take
concepts to completion.
- Demonstrated creativity, and artistic talent.
- Strong conceptual, creative design, aesthetic,
analytical, problem solving, planning, drafting,
negotiating and research skills.
- Exceptional exposure to European architectural and
structural designs and working with the metric system.
- Bilingual in German (Native-level fluency in speaking,
reading & writing). Native language is English.
- Degree in Architecture/Engineering and Master Mason
Certification. Knowledge of codes, zoning and
construction site planning.
- Expertise in brick masonry and reinforced concrete
- Green Building (ecological/eco-friendly construction),
and Energy Star experience.
- Over 5 years? supervisory and leadership experience.
- Oversaw and managed multiple projects to completion on
time and at/or below budget.
- Proficient on Architectural Desktop 2007, AutoCAD 2000,
CADVANCE, Spirit, Lotus Notes, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint.
- Willing to relocate at own expense to: Washington D.C,
Virginia, Maryland, Australia, New Zealand or Europe.
- U.S. citizen. Available for full-time regular and
contract employment. Free to travel.
- U.S. Army Achievement and Good Conduct medals for
outstanding performance; honorable discharge. Eagle Scout.
*Home & Building Designs
*Historical Preservation & Restoration
*AutoCAD & CAD
*Perspective Drawings & Sketching
*Project Estimating & Bidding
*Concrete & Stamped Concrete Structures
*Floor Plan Drawings
*Workflow & Project Scheduling
*Thin Joint Masonry (Air Crete)
*Brick/Stone/Cultured Stone/Block Masonry
*1/8th Meter Brick System
*Jobsite Supervision & Safety
*Building Maintenance & Repair
*Client Prospecting & Management
*Crew Management & Training
*Concrete Form Work
(2008 - present)
Home Builder/Carpenter, LAND ENTERPRISES,
- Built luxurious custom and Energy Star- rated
homes ranging from 2,500 to 7,500 square feet.
- Renovated a complete house built in the 1920?s with
- Worked on all phases of multiple residential projects
including: built-in kitchens, Gable and Dormer roofs,
interior and exterior doors and windows, vinyl and
fiber cement siding, drywall, baseboard and door trim,
cement board and floor tile installation, concrete floors,
sidewalks, patios and painting.
(2001 ? 2008)
Storage Logistics Planner, INTERBAUSTOFF/EUROBAUSTOFF GmbH,
Bad Nauheim, Germany
(A cooperative of building supply dealers in Germany,
Switzerland and Austria)
- Created preliminary building designs for storage
warehouses that were reviewed by Structural
Engineers and Architects.
- Created new offices and work spaces based on
European standards and building regulations.
- Provided clients with floor plans, building designs
and cost-effective logistic solutions for forklift
and storage needs.
- Worked with over 1,200 clients in Germany, Switzerland,
Austria and Northern Italy.
- Served as a German/English translator for several
- Recommended by Senior Management to become a Project
- Designed specialized ?information center? countertops.
- Improved sales by creating several digital floor plan
variations for clients.
- Measured existing warehouse buildings and structures.
- Designed new traffic routes for tractor trailers and
for builders to load and unload building materials.
(2001 ? 2005)
Apartment Building Maintenance, APARTMENT HOUSE ZUR SONNE,
Bad Nauheim, Germany
- Concurrent w/work at Interbaustoff/Eurobaustoff,
performed part-time renovation and repairs in a
- Remodelled 6+ two-bedroom apartments. Laid drywall,
brick, tile, carpet, laminate flooring and floor
- Installed kitchen appliances and bathroom fixtures;
wallpapered and painted interior walls.
(1998 - 2000)
Co-owner of Construction Business (TESCH & ROUCEK GbR),
- Performed residential masonry, landscaping and
- Met with clients during pre-design phases,
determined project scope and conducted site
- Created design concepts and developed detailed
designs to harmonize with existing structures.
- Managed projects through all phases; worked
directly with clients, subcontractors, and with
- Successfully negotiated with clients. Prepared
estimates and contracts. Managed project budgets
- Hired and terminated subcontractors. Effectively
managed and scheduled 6 craftsmen.
- Designed and created company logo, advertisements
and flyers. Prospected for new business.
(1993 - 1997)
Foreman, A.LOTZ HOCHBAU & TIEFBAU GmbH,
(Residential Construction Company)
- Originally hired as Apprentice; promoted to Mason
Journeyman and then to Foreman.
- Built duplexes, multi-family, and single-story homes.
- Supervised up to 8 crew members.
- Finished the top floor of a 8-family apartment complex.
- Designed brick layout and laid brick on terrace houses
and a bungalow.
- Created forms, ramp and walls for a parking garage.
- Poured concrete and built several residential geometrical
concrete Turner staircases.
- Successfully completed a typical 3-year apprenticeship
in only 15 months.
- Ranked in the Top 12 in the State for outstanding exam
scores and straight A grades.
- Translated German/English for Supervisor, Foreman and
Tradesmen from Turkey, Croatia, Russia, Poland, Africa
and the United Kingdom.
- Worked full-time during vacations and on weekends
while attending college.
(1990 ? 1993)
CAD Draftsman, MANFRED KLING ARCHITECTURE & ENGINEERING BUREAU,
- Completed the typical 3-year training program in 2 ? years
and earned Draftsman certification.
- Originally hired as a Manual Draftsman; promoted to CAD
Draftsman after a year.
- Reported to a Spanish Architect.
- Prepared detailed drawings of architectural designs and
plans for buildings and structures according to
- Provided outstanding floor plans and perspectives of
warehouses and industrial buildings.
- Solved a difficult warehouse staircase problem by initiating
perspective sketches of alternative design solutions.
- Created sketches using pencil, ink and computer-aided
drawing as well as the finalized detailed drawings.
Private First Class, U.S. ARMY, Echo Company, 23rd Engineer Battalion,
- Served as 2nd Platoon Leader to 60+ soldiers during basic
- Worked for 2 Commanding Officers and appointed as the
Captain?s personal driver.
- Demonstrated exceptional initiative and put in charge of all
repairs within the barracks.
- Assembled various kinds of bridges (i.e. ribbon, bailey,
medium girder) to transport trucks and tanks.
- Worked with wood, steel and magnesium alloy bridge panels;
handled plastic explosives and disarmed mines.
- Successfully completed a 13-week Bridge Crewman course.
----------EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING----------
Associate Degree, Applied Science Architecture/Engineering,
Staatliche Technikerschule, Alsfeld, Germany. (1995-1997)
All classes and text books were in German. Graduated with B+
average. First U.S. student to attend. Courses included:
Building Construction, Building Management, Math, Surveying,
CAD, Programming, Accounting,Economics, Statics, Physics, Chemistry.
Nationally-recognized German Master Mason Certification,
Brick masonry & concrete construction. Handwerkerskammer
In Wiesbaden, Germany. (1998)
High School Diploma, Owego Free Academy, Owego, NY.
Seminars in Architectural Model Building, Perspectives With
Water Colors, and Chainsaw Safety.