Management / Program Management / Project Management / I.T. Management / Construction Management
15598 Winding Creek Drive
- A multi-talented professional who is bottom line oriented. With in-depth knowledge of all facets of program management and construction management, construction means and methods and computers in construction; allowing a perspective that transcends narrow industry boundaries, setting the stage for a useful blend of concepts and strategies. Versatile seasoned professional with many years of progressively responsible positions. Participative style of management. Proactive style of leadership. Consistent record of achievement.
- Experience in Construction Operations as a Construction Division Manager, Assistant Program Manager, Project Manager, Service Manager, Superintendent or Contractor. Successful completion of projects in three states. Also years of hands on experience as a Foreman, Commercial Journeyman Carpenter, an Electrician or a Plumber/Pipefitter. Both On and Off- Site Project Manager or Superintendent for hospitality, schools, commercial buildings, hotels, single family homes, townhomes, apartments and condominiums. A contractor on many homes and commercial projects.
- Extensive Advanced Certifications from US-FEMA Emergency Management Institute, US-EPA Watershed Academy Course, US-EPA Training Academy, US- DOD Civilian Personal Management Service, US- Corps of Engineers Professional Development Support Center Classes , US- Naval Civil Engineer Corps Officer School, Southface LEED Training Courses, OSHA, and the Construction Management Association of America University (CMAA) Standards of Practice Course.
- Earned a Technical Degree in Computers and a certified Computer Technician. Have knowledge and experience with PC-CAD and AutoCAD Drafting and many other Project Controls Software Applications, including Project Management, Estimating, Spreadsheet, Word Processing, Database, Project Scheduling and Accounting Software. Also Web Authoring, HTML and other Internet related skills and training. Site Administrator for web-based project management ASP website.
- Excellent communication skills, having worked with all types of people. Work well under pressure, an excellent employee. A team player as well as a leader, who is very self motivated for success. Consistently meets the time schedule and budget demands of project by utilizing highly effective management, engineering and troubleshooting skills, dealing with constant changes without adversely affecting projects scope or budget. Enjoy strong working relationships with owners, architects, developers, subcontractors, and other team managers, members and managed staff.
08/09 to Present ConstCon Construction and Computer Consulting, Lake Havasu City, Arizona, Owner / Consultant. Presently extension of staff consultant on US Fish and Wildlife Service Headquarters Building in Schulter, Oklahoma. On site Building Inspector, Labor Compliance Officer and Safety Manager for this project. Ongoing.
03/08 to 08/09 GC Builders Inc., Fort Mohave, Arizona, Arizona Division Manager and Project Manager, finished two projects near completion and completion of outstanding warranty and close-out items on three projects. Project Manager on a 90 year-old remodel of historic building into campus for Palo Verde Community College in Needles, California. Bidding Public Works projects throughout Arizona, managing staff and regional office, Construction Administrators and Site Superintendents. Completed last public works project, the Ehrenberg, Arizona Fire Station from the jobsite, in August 2009 as the Project Manager. Completed Projects.
03/05 to Present Hill International Inc. / KJM and Associates Ltd., Southwest Region, Construction Consultant / Senior Project and Program Manager. KJM and Associates, Ltd. was acquired by Hill International Inc. in December 2005. Have consulted on various Native American, Aviation and Hospitality projects for the Southwest Regional Senior Vice-President Michael Smith, who was my supervisor at KJM. Ongoing - occasional.
03/05 to 11/07 - Portolesi Construction Inc. Construction Site Manager, I.T. and Operations Manager, Project Manager and Superintendent on the NorthStar Golf Course Clubhouse Palm Desert, California, this is the new home for the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic as of January 2006. Managed the Construction on two pump buildings and two restroom buildings on the Golf Course. Bought out and supervised fast track building of the 60,000 sq. ft. clubhouse and all site infrastructure including the widening of the Interstate 10 freeway frontage road to eight lanes. Completed Project.
08/00 TO 03/05 - KJM and Associates Ltd. Project and Construction Management Services. A Partner-Consultant on the Residential Sound Assistance Program at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, I worked as the Assistant Program Manager, I.T. Manager, Safety Manager and Construction Manager on this 2600 unit, $104 million dollar project for the City of Phoenix, reporting to the City of Phoenix - Aviation Program Manager. Responsible as administrator of the site specific, RSAPLive (Livelink), web based Project Controls ASP Program. Aviation TSA Security Badging Authorized Signer. Completed Project.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
09 / 2010 US-EPA Training Academy
CST109C: Inspection Documentation.
OTH953: Health and Safety Training for Radiation Safety (SHEM).
OTH955: Health and Safety Training for Laboratory Activities (SHEM).
US-FEMA Emergency Management Institute
IS-00100.PWa: Introduction to Incident Command System ICS-100 for Public Works, .3 CEU's.
US-Department of Defense Civilian Personnel Management Service
Certificate in Constitutional Knowledge.
US-Army Corps of Engineers - Professional Development Support Center
QRP / Ordnance and Explosives Recognition and Safety.
08 / 2010 US-FEMA Emergency Management Institute
IS-00010.a: Animals in Disaster Awareness and Preparedness, .4 CEU's.
US-EPA Training Academy
CST902: Basic Inspector Training.
FIF901: FIFRA Environmental Compliance Inspector Training.
CWA902: UIC Well Inspection Training.
OTH954: OSHA 600 Collateral Duty Safety and Health Course (SHEM).
Southface LEED Training Academy
LEED - Planning and Conducting Green Building Charettes.
LEED - Building Commissioning: Ensuring High Performance Green Buildings.
LEED - Water Efficiency for High Performance Commercial and Institutional Buildings.
LEED - Basics of Daylighting in a Green Environment.
LEED - HVAC Management for High Performance Existing Buildings.
LEED - Overcoming the Barriers to Green Building.
04 / 2010 US-Army Corps of Engineers - Professional Development Support Center
Construction Quality Management for Contractors.
Quality Control System (RMS-QCS) Contractors Module.
02 / 2010 US-FEMA Emergency Management Institute
IS-0253: Coordinating Environmental and Historic Preservation Compliance, 1.0 CEU's.
IS-0242: Effective Communication, 0.8 CEU's.
IS-00241: Decision Making and Problem Solving, 0.8 CEU's.
IS-00240: Leadership and Influence, 0.9 CEU's.
IS-00008.a: Building for the Earthquakes of Tomorrow: Complying with Executive Order 12699, 1.0 CEU's.
IS-00100.a: Introduction to Incident Command System, 0.3 CEU's.
IS-00650: Building Partnerships with Tribal Governments, 1.0 CEU's.
IS-00293: Mission Assignment Overview, 0.2 CEU's.
IS-00548: Continuity of Operations (COOP) Manager Course, 0.4 CEU's.
IS-00547.a: Introduction to Continuity of Operations (COOP) Course, 0.2 CEU's.
02 / 2010 US-FEMA Emergency Management Institute
IS-00546.a: Continuity of Operations (COOP) Awareness Course, 0.1 CEU's.
IS-00230.a: Fundamentals of Emergency Management, 1.0 CEU's.
02 / 2010 US-EPA Watershed Academy - Watershed Management Training Certificate. This certificate program recognizes trainees who complete 6 modules containing 15 courses and pass the course tests, and require 24 hours of online learning. Principles of watershed management; Ecosystem services: benefits to human societies; Introduction to watershed ecology; Protecting in-stream flows: how much water does a river need; Stream corridor structure; Agents of watershed change; Nonpoint source pollution with Nitrogen and Phosphorus; Introduction to the watershed planning process; Overview of watershed monitoring; Eight tools of watershed protection in developing areas; Agricultural management practices for water quality protection; Forestry Best Management Practices in watersheds; Getting in step: a guide for conducting watershed outreach campaigns; Top ten watershed lessons learned; Introduction to the Clean Water Act.
US-EPA Training Academy
UST901: Basic Underground Storage Tank Inspector Compliance Training.
OTH952: EPA Safety, Health and Environmental Management (SHEM) Training for Field Activities.
OTH920: Working Effectively with Tribal Governments.
01 / 2010 US-EPA Training Academy
CWA904W: Clean Water Act / NPDES Inspector Training.
12 / 2009 US-Naval Civil Engineer Corps Officer School
Introduction to UFP/QAPP.
Chapter 29, Sampling and Laboratory Testing.
12 / 2009 US-EPA Training Academy
SI-422: Air Pollution Control Orientation.
APTI-443: Chain-of-Custody Procedures For Samples and Data.
09 / 2009 Construction Management Association of America University (CMAA) Standards of Practice (SOP) Courses. This program includes 8 modules, these 8 courses total 1.5 CEU's with 12 hours of online learning and lab work.
Construction Safety Management; Quality Management; Project Management; Professional PracticeRole of the CM; Cost Management; Contract Administration; Time Management / CPM Lab; Value Engineering.
09 / 2009 Hill International, Inc.
Preventing Sexual Harassment Course.
Project Management Certification and Training Course.
09 / 2009 OSHA Training
10-hour US-OSHA - Safety Course.
8-hour US-OSHA - Prevention of Falls from Scaffold, Ladders and Roofs Safety Course.
3-hour US-OSHA - Excavation Safety Awareness Course.
3-hour US-OSHA - Entry in Confined Spaces Course.
08 / 2009 Hill International, Inc.
Code of Ethics and Business Conduct Certification and Training Course.
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Certification and Training Course.
03 / 2006 California - Storm Water Compliance - SWIPP Certificate.
07 / 2005 Coachella Valley California Fugitive Dust Control Certificate.
06 / 1986 Project Management Coursework, University of California - Davis, California.
06 / 1985 Computer Technology and Electronics Degree / Certificate from Control Data Institute - Sacramento, California.
02 / 1978 California General Contractors License - B1 # 354290.
1975 / 88 Journeyman Carpenter, Union of United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners, California.
06 / 1975 Pre-Law, Political Science, History and Mathematics, San Diego State University, San Diego, California.
06 / 1973 A. A. Degree in Political Science and Mathematics, West Hills Junior College, Coalinga, California.
references provided upon request