CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY FOREMAN, PROJECT MANAGER, CLIENT RELATIONS
Talented business leader and construction professional with over 15 years of experience and visible achievements in both construction and client relations. Combine broad base of construction knowledge with strong project management / analysis, focused leadership and general management qualifications to consistently drive delivery of projects on time and within budget and compliance. History of improving job productivity, reducing costs, sustaining quality and enhancing processes. Possess innate ability to evaluate needs assess situations and creatively determine most effective way to accomplish stated objectives quickly and effectively to maximize the bottom line.
INDUSTRY EXPERTISE & COMPETENCIES
* Extensive expertise in all phases of project coordination to include contract negotiation, estimating, preparation of construction documents, materials management and site completion. Extensive experience negotiating contracts with subcontractors, suppliers and clients.
* Expert troubleshooting and problem solving strengths; able to resolve project issues, client demands/complaints, permit issuing, project scheduling and plan changes before implementing viable solutions and recommendations.
* Proven communication and interpersonal skills; interact well with clients, subcontractors and suppliers. Remain diplomatic, balanced and objective during contract negotiations and resolution of issues. Respected for wide range of construction knowledge, dedicated customer service, proven management skills and proven understanding of phases necessary to ensure successful project completion from initial conception to final implementation.
CAREER SUMMARY & ACHIEVEMENTS
Precision Drywall Huntley, IL 2002 to Present
GENERAL MANAGER / OWNER-OPERATOR
Launched this organization after identifying need for a cost-effective, honest and reliable drywall and painting contractor focused on the residential remodeling market. Oversee daily operations including all startup activities such as equipment/materials ordering, initial customer procurement and complete project management from quoting to final installation and finishing before hiring staff to address growth. Scope of authority was diverse and included development of productivity and cost saving initiatives, performing field inspections of work performed for QC, project / manpower scheduling, budgeting, purchasing of material/equipment and subcontractor management. Managed proposal presentations, hiring and HR functions including, P&L, business development and marketing.
* Grew business from the ground up in just three years to profitability, a full staff of 15 and approximately four subcontractor groups to meet demand.
* Expanded business to include larger scale projects including those into Chicago high-rise market and enjoyed steady market share growth for over six years based on strong referral base and exceptional reputation for quality work and excellent customer service.
* Captured competitive advantage and recognition for being one of the first in area to implement the latest materials, tools and supplies in market; featured in local article for demonstrating use of most innovative and eco products on market as well as a 2006 feature on HGTV.
* Routinely identify costs-saving measures by renegotiating labor rates and reducing materials supply costs by 10% annually with two main suppliers of finishing materials and painting supplies.
* Boosted productivity and job performance by providing competitive salaries and instilling a sense of pride in work and the ability to provide customers with the highest quality of service available.
* Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and sound reputation by personally executing daily performance evaluations for each and every client service and immediately resolving issues.
* Sustained business operations despite industry and market decline by freezing pay and negotiating price reductions with subcontractors.
EARLY CAREER HISTORY
Drywall Installer, Taper, Foreman Drywall Taping Systems, Westmont, IL (2001 to 2002)
* Initially hired as drywall installer and taper, promoted two months later to estimating and project manager; left organization to launch Precision Drywall.
Recruiting Project Manager, Healthcare Division E-Jobs, Kansas City, MO (1999 to 2001)
* Initially hired to lead recruiting project for client in need of individuals with background in IT-related studies pertaining to the healthcare industry before rapid promotion to Client Relations / Project Manager of division.
* Assigned to turnaround distressed recruiting project for Sprint PCS; identifying problems with hiring managers for each division to identify shortcomings with previously assigned team.
* Performed needs analysis, developing strategy, interviewed candidates and hired team, utilizing staff training, extensive client relationship building and customer service to hire over 40 qualified individuals on their behalf; based on success of program, helped secure $1.5M as payment for successful Sprint requisition.
Community Service: AWANA leader for Springbrook Community Church; Coach for both Huntley Mustang Youth Football and Huntley Park District