SUMMARY * Registered as a Professional Engineer in Missouri and Illinois.
* 17 years experience managing civil engineering on diverse & complex projects.
* Blessed interpersonal, negotiating and management skills; fosters camaraderie.
* Experience with regulatory authorities & coordinating projects and operations.
* Strong computer and software experience; good planning, initiative, knowledge.
* Provides leadership and direction for engineering and operations personnel.
* Consistently demonstrates ability to deliver impressive and efficient results.
* Fluency in Spanish as well as English.
EXPERIENCE Illinois American Water. Belleville, IL. Project Engineer.
May 08- * Managed $3 million capital delivery projects annually: no injuries nor lawsuits.
May 11 * Saved $40,000+ in negotiations annually: extras, easements, trees, damages.
* Saved $35,000 in 1 contractor invoice by original budget tracking spreadsheets.
* Developed & managed agreements with railroads, consultants, contractors.
* Represented in public meetings with positive, professional yet humble tact.
* Successfully calmed & negotiated amicable settlements with upset customers.
* Formed & managed complex projects & complex project teams successfully.
* Obtained permits & approvals as needed, resolved legal and insurance matters.
* Organized events fostering team building, kinship, morale and camaraderie.
Feb 06- Land Development Corporation, Inc. St. Peters, MO. Project Manager.
Dec 07 * Estimated tasks and man-hours, prepared proposals and contracts.
* Storm water management & system design, Pondpack, hydrology & hydraulics.
* Preparation of Storm Water Pollution and Prevention Plans.
* Designed sanitary sewer pump station including drawings & specifications.
* Secured permits from Army Corps of Engrs., MODNR, MODOT, incl. 401/404.
Mar 05- St. Charles Engineering and Surveying, Inc. St. Charles, MO. Project Manager.
Jan 06 * Project Manager for $2.5 million project Wolfrum Road redesign (1 mile).
* Storm water management and system design, sewer profiles and hydraulics.
* Planned, engineered and drafted 80-sheet set of roadway improvement plans.
* Prepared 5-phase 1-mile road construction plan providing continuous access.
* Coordinated sub-consultant work: requests for proposals, contracts, execution.
Jan 02- Pickett, Ray & Silver, Inc. St. Peters, MO. Assistant Public Works Director.
Jan 05 * Designed and prepared plan sets for public water line improvement projects.
* Designed, drafted & managed 250 lot residential subdivision project.
* Prepared specifications & cost estimates; calculated quantities and earthwork.
May 97- James Engineering & Surveying, Inc. Kirkwood, MO. Principal Engineer.
Oct 01 * Commercial & residential master plans, design, plan preparation and approvals.
* Creation of base drawings, surfaces & contours using AutoCAD Land Desktop.
* Storm water management, above & below ground detention, sewers, roadways.
EDUCATION B.S. in civil engineering, 1994. University of Missouri at Rolla. Rolla, MO.
AFFILIATIONS American Water Works Association, Water Environment Federation.
MILITARY 1987-1993 U.S. Army, part-time. Secret clearance. Honorable discharge, 1993.